Monday, August 17, 2015

Species yet to spot

Yellow-breasted Chat;  At Upper Newport Bay birdwalk some time ago, the leader led us through the bushes uphill to find it, to no avail.  I know it's super elusive, yet it's even confirmed at Peck Pit and I haven't seen once.


California Gnatcatcher; Blue-gray, spotted at Eaton Canyon. Black-tailed, glimpsed at 1000 Palms. Only this left.  Should I descent again to Palos Verdes area lol(I should, because loads of American Goldfinches are there right now at Madrona Marsh. And I really need to have a look at Pt. Vicente)


Blue Grosbeak, Lazuli Bunting; These are summer birds so I really need to spot this before they migrate lol. Miserably failed, at Hansen Dam, and at Peck Pit as well.


American Dipper; Hoped to spot it at Buckhorn, dunno if I did spot it; the river was too far down below. Maybe scope will help next time...should I try again at Switzer. Not sure it was at Eaton..


Wrentit; Quintessential Chaparral specie but don't think I've spotted it yet.


Red Crossbill; Big Bear birdwalk was really beneficial to me, for spotting montane species such as Green-tailed Towhee. Now this left, but I'm afraid it's too late now.


Brown Creeper; Some spotted it during San Gabriel Mt. bird tour in March; I missed it.


Lawrence's Goldfinch; Lesser is too common lol, American also spotted(at Switzer, but I need to spot it more often), so Lawrence's left.


These are primarily that comes to mind. Of course I haven't spotted any Pelagic species, and Fall Warblers I hope to spot from now on; but eh, haven't even been able to spot Wilson, Yellow or Orange-crowned lol, which have been around here for a while now. MacGillivray's is starting to get spotted.  Vireos as well, Hutton's, Warbling, Bell's, Cassin's...Red-eyed was reported at HCP, Yellow-throated at San Elijo, but I'm not sure I can spot it by myself lol. REV already seems to have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment