Sunday, August 23, 2015

Birding with a scope at HCP & BC

I thought I'd be test scoping at Peck Pit, but just assembled it at HCP parking lot lol.  Soon enough got the hang of it(assembly and usage was easy), and so birded with it a bit.



Very convenient, panning was easy, all around. And altogether it's SO light lol.

Optics, could be better, but really can't complain at that price.

The biggest disappointment is power; 12-36* really isn't enough for me.  Maybe should've bought a scope with 20 power as a base, but again, can't complain at that price. Would recommend to novice birders.

So next time I'm buying, won't buy Ultima; as I said, I was really impressed with

Pentax PF-65ED-A II Spotting Scope w/Field Case, so will buy that one.

For now, pretty satisfied with the performance of


Celestron 52322 Landscout 12-36x60 Spotting Scope (Army Green) &


But will it be sufficient for birding pelagic species? Let's hope so.


P.S. But of course, Ultima costs a 'mere' $180(80mm one), and has 20 power as a base. Who knows I'll buy it too in case my Landscout isn't sufficient for watching seabirds...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment