Monday, February 23, 2015

San Elijo - Rios entry point pics

Do NOT start going down to SD area at 7:30. LA is not the only city notorious for the traffic jam lol.
Should've started like 30 min. earlier..

Still, it wasn't that far to Loma Santa Fe Dr. exit(to San Elijo So. Bank).

The rain virtually stopped by thn, so breathed the fresh air, and explored; quite satisfied!

Not that many shorebirds(think I spotted a pack of swallows? though), but the beauty of San Elijo is that there are plenty of songbirds and such. I think I even spotted a raptor, dunno which, Peregrine or..whatever lol. Later it was seen chased by a pack of crows!! Lesson learned; raptors like Pine trees! Bonelli, Santee, and now San Elijo; Rios entry point.

Santa Helena entry point was very productive as well.  When I entered the open field, there erupted a riot of bird songs, and spotted plenty of birds!  The route was flooded, so couldn't go further, but no need; experienced quite a bliss! :)

Maybe I should try San Dieguito next time(right next to Morgan); haven't been there early in the morning.  And I do miss those Pelicans lol, maybe I should visit La Jolla just one more time during the tournament.








































No comments:

Post a Comment