Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Feb 11 Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area pics 1

It's like a miniature version of Bonelli; various plants and trees, including cactus patches; didn't see Cactus Wrens, but it's ok.

Not many shorebirds, but still many geeses. Mallards were on the north and the south nearer to the parking lot. Canadian, Cackling?, Snow(or Ross's?), and Greate White-fronted? Geese were on the south.
Coots were everywhere though lol. Did I see a Merganser? Should check the pics..

Lots of landbirds around the bushes, etc. Spotted a Song Sparrow methink near the eastern shore. I think especially Hummingbirds were prominent. They even 'cooperated' getting 'shot' by me this time! Lol.
I think I spotted a Thrasher on the Western shore, not sure though.

Some shy Egrets and Herons(both sides, north and south), and Gulls on the south. Now what was that black solitary bird perched on the rock? Didn't look like a Cormorant to me...

Really should study the flight patterns and the songs to identify those birds more easily!












 Song Sparrow??!!




















 What is this?




 Anna's Hummingbird?!











 What is this? Heron?






No comments:

Post a Comment