Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Feb 10 Peck Pit pics 1

Parking lot opens one hour earlier than the guidebook says, 6:30.

The guide says the variety is terrific. I SECOND THIS.  Best place ever, so far! For example at Almansor there was 1 Cormorant. Here at Peck, there are SO many!  Exactly same for Pelican.

Not only exotic species, so many field birds...so many!! Practically everywhere!  It's like birding beginner's paradise lol.

Swallows are so difficult to take pics. On the shore, but so tiny, can't spot them with my camera lol, and they're ultra sensitive..move away so fast.

I don't really recommend going all the way up to the North Shore. I did, but not much to see, frankly. I got my pants wet trying to get across a small muddy stream as a short cut, ugh...but fishes were to be seen, so I guess I'm okay...lol, after also visiting Santa Anita Canyon/Chantry Flats, went down Santa Anita to go to 24 to clean up lol.














































No comments:

Post a Comment