Thursday, July 16, 2015

How I finally bought Celestron Nature DX 8 *42 binocular

At last...couldn't help it.


--------------
Celestron Nature 8*42 has hight ratings, but it's rather heavy, and a bit expensive(over $100, but Papilio too).


Aculon is cheaper but also heavy,
Leupold is 6 power and not cheap,
Shasta Ridge likewise pricey,
Pentax 8x21 UCF R Binoculars  is only *21 so limited view and brightness I fear, although it is cheap..
how about
Bushnell H2O Waterproof/Fog​proof Roof Prism Binocular, 8 x 42-mm, Black  or
Celestron Outland X 8x42 Binocular, Black ...and that's not all lol.


----
Only Celestron could satisfy all my requirements;


Power; I want to scan shorebirds
Fast focus and FOV; So I can follow those frisky wood-warblers
Long Eye Relief(LER); Obviously because I wear glasses
And I wanted a good one, didn't want to sacrifice quality for saving a few bucks.


Aculon's LER was a joke, so passed. Others, mainly not good FOV, especially higher powered ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment