Thursday, October 19, 2017

I think I 'spied' Paul Lehman!!

Birded about an hour at Famosa Slough before attending SW R tennis championship at nearby Barnes.

Another guy came by(Kent Blackstone?) at the south end puddle, so chatted a bit. Virginia Rail was reported recently and he indeed mentioned it. Just before he came by, spotted a Black and White Warbler, which was very active in the trees just across the puddle(north side of the path).

Then...a guy passed us by. A birder. Blue shirt. Definitely looked like that august Paul Lehman, even though I only saw his pics, not in person! But he was alone, whereas SD yahoo listserve usually mentions him birding with another such as Barbara Carlson? So not sure lol.

Maybe I should carry my NG 7th edition to get it autographed, but he looked rather forbidding..! Anyway he just passed us quickly by(he did bird a bit west of us), so can't really say.

If it indeed was him, what an honor! Even if I just glimpsed him..haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment