Saturday, May 18, 2019

Sienna on a rampage

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sienna on a rampage

So I arrived late at night, and went to EZ/Advantage rent a car.

I reserved a compact so was expecting a Yaris or something.

The manager(he was the only one left) gave me a key to..

 Image result for sienna toyota

Now, I'm not sure which is bigger, Odyssey or Sienna lol. But imagine my consternation! What the DEUCE am I going to do with that BEAST?!  What indeed did fellow birders think when I got out of that lumbering beast, alone lol.

But he said that was the only one left.

And that's not all!

Tire pressure light was blinking, and I had a bad experience with a local rental car company(same, later 'naturally' had a flat tire, and I had to pay for the trouble!).
But was too tired, hoped it would be okay, so left.

2nd day morning, at Galveston Ferry. The attendant found that the rear tire was flat -_-
So had to go back to Galveston, and after querying many times, finally got the address right and got the fire fixed at Firestone(61th street, at the opposite end of the ferry lol). Cost $160.

So blew the whole precious morning(still dogged rode the ferry once again lol, birded Bolivar Flat and High Island).

The next day, I just couldn't run the car through those bumpy gravel roads at Anahuac NWR, in fear of blowing another tire lol(the attendant at Firestone assured me other tires were ok, but you understand!) so couldn't bird the Rail trail(to the boat launch to the left).

Lesson; NEVER accept the car with a tire pressure light; NEVAAH~!  Demand another one. It was the only car left anyway(but I RESERVED! Egad..) in my case, but whatever.

Fortunately I protested with the tire receipt back at the Rental car facility, and they fully refunded the amount. But again, NOTA BENE..!

P.S. Surprisingly pleasant experience driving that though! I actually enjoyed it! It somehow felt...safer lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment