Monday, March 2, 2020

LRGV Day 3 pics

Misfortune continued at Estero Llano Grande; due to being hard to hearing, missed all target species like Bronzed Cowbird, Gray Hawk and Cave Swallow, while everybody else spotted it; the reason why I absolutely HATE group birding. We missed Eastern-Screech Owl as well, the other group found it lol. I guess spotting Common Pauraque was a consolation; NO way a color blind like me could spot it on my own. We did find Summer Tanager at the end of birding.
And big thank you to Connie Unsicker for chatting with me!


























We did find GHOW.

Thanks to Connie, decided to bird Edinburgh WBC and that was a slam dunk; spotted all 3 Kingfishers, albeit far away. The lake was big. Great spot for Blue-headed Vireo as well.



















No comments:

Post a Comment