Friday, February 9, 2018

Frigatebird as yard bird

From SD Yahoo listserve:

===

7738New Yard Bird: Magnificent Frigatebird

Expand Messages
  • Stan Walens
    Feb 7 1:56 PM
    I’ve spent many hours since Sunday looking for the black-and-white kingbird [more on that later; several long posts I made about that bird on Feb 1 & 2 have not been uploaded to the listserv even after 6 days].

    As I was looking for it at 1:20 this afternoon, a juvenile magnificent frigatebird flew past from east to west along Railroad Canyon [Rose Canyon as it heads east], so heading from Rte. 805 towards I-5 and maybe the ocean, (although I have several times watched frigatebirds move north along the I-5 corridor).

    Obviously, this is not a bird to chase, but with this warm weather and s.e. winds, it might be worth looking for others over the ocean/freeways.

    Stan Walens, University City
    Feb. 7, 2018; 1:50 p.m.
Christ, you just can't beat SD..

Paul Lehman spotted a Grace Warbler there. should I chase it noe, or will it stay through the month(Nazca Booby, Harris's Hawk, Greater Pewee etc., still there. No more mention of Nelson's Sparrow though..).

No comments:

Post a Comment