Monday, November 21, 2016

I dreamed of Kimball Garrett

I did bird intensively but that's a first, a birder occurring in my dreams!
Can I now call myself a decent birder now, lol.

Getting to bird with veteran birders more frequently.

Last week(Saturday?) birded with David Bell and Luke Tiller at DeForest Park(and finally got to say hello to Catherine Hamilton at Vina Vieja-yes we all saw that Grasshopper Sparrow, thanks to Luke-, whom I actually knew from the dvd 'Birders: The Central Park Effect' before I began birding. I did actually bird with her and other Pasadena Audubon members at Arboretum last year, but not sure I recognized her then. Or did I?),
and today, with Ron Cyger at LA River(all 'happy accidents').
Met Edana Salisbury at the same river to spot that Sharp-tailed Sandpiper before this(in fact she pointed it out to me. Across us were veteran birders including Tom Benson and Brittany O'Connor, enjoying much better views lol. Tom helped me find that Canada Warbler at West San Gabriel River Nature).
Rod Higbie kindly showed me the Barn Owl at Bonelli.

Of course, I now encounter the Scheels quite often, due to us both chasing rarities I guess. Chris Dean too, yesterday we had a 'memorable' birding experience(we almost drowned at Madrona Marsh! I was exclaiming 'Oh boy, Oh boy' to her laughter lol).
Fairly regularly 'encounter' Darren Dowell, Micky Long and Judy Hwa.

I've mentioned birding with 'the author' Thomas Wurster at Upper Newport Bay, and with Matt Sadowski at La Jolla Cove.

And am regularly being 'corrected' on my erroneous ebird reports by veteran birders(ebird is just so good).

Such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment